Wednesday, June 29, 2016

#070 Weepinbell (draft)

3/4 oz. Rye Whiskey
3/4 oz. Alize Gold
3/4 oz. Lemon Juice
1/2 oz. Maple Syrup
1/4 oz. ROOT Art in the Age
3/4 oz. Sour Apple Schnapps

Add all the ingredients to a mixing tin except the apple liqueur. In a stemless wine glass add the apple liqueur and fill with crushed ice. Add ice to the tin and shake. Strain over the crushed ice. A light green layer should remain at the bottom of the glass. Garnish with a few mint leaves.

Going with the evolutionary line of this Pokemon, I followed the recipe of Bellsprout. I scaled it up and added the Alize gold to make this a bit less dark brown and more floral. I tried this up, on the rocks, and as a huge number of variants but I just couldn't the look of the drink to work for me. I had recently acquired a mallet and Lewis bag for making crushed ice for mint juleps for Derby Day. I was looking into some other great cocktails that used crushed ice, and I found that it worked amazingly for creating layers of color in a drink. I started with a base layer of sour apple and built some earthy flavors on top of that.

"Weepinbell, the Flycatcher Pokémon. Weepinbell looks like a plant and covers opponents with a poisonous powder in order to catch them."
Victreebel -->
<-- Bellsprout

Recommended Brands: Bulleit Rye, fresh juice, quality maple syrup, Dekuyper

No comments:

Post a Comment